"American Indian the FORGOTTEN MINORITY "







Monday, January 17, 2011

New Year barely started and already........

It seems like with the new year comes new problems...every time when you thinkyou might be getting ahead, WHOOP something happens to show you that you are not in as much control of things as you thought you were!
It is 1:02 a.m. and here I am trying to play catch up with some of the things I need to get done for work, but instead I have gotten frustrated and decided to check on my blogs and see if I had a little time to work on at at least one if not all three. Which I can most definitely say at this point I will not be able to get to the third one tonight. Which is alright, because it is one I have just started and it is about some of the things I make... so no big hurry on that one as I feel there is on this one and especially my first one that is also tied into my business and web site.

This month already has taken a toll on me and it's only half over. My mother is having problems again with her health and it is so hard to tell what is connected with the dementia and blood pressure and what else might be starting to develop with her.


And of course we can't forget my dad who thinks he doesn't have to do what the doctors tell him he needs to or should, he of course knows better! Dad has been having more problems over the last oh, eight weeks now and nothing is going right for him...WONDER WHY DAD! I am so tired of having to fight him to go to the doctor when he has a problem! He can come up with more excuses than carter has liver pills, or than a high school kid not wanting to do their homework! And he 83 yrs. old, I feel like I am back in the time when my kids were in high school and having the same conversations except for them it was about school and with him it's about the doctors and what he is not suppose to be doing!

I am here to tell you it doesn't get any better or easier either. The saying from child to parent, to grandparent, back to child is so true...being our parents' parent is so hard to do, but that is what I am having to do just like millions of others in my position are doing and having to do. Being a parent to your own child is one thing but being a parent to your own parent is something entirely different.


One thing I do know for sure that will help get you through is having faith...faith in GOD! I know for a fact that I would not have been able to come this far or last this long if it were not for having FAITH and knowing even when I get in a hurry or do not have the patience I need that God is there for me, I know sometimes it's like I forget he is but I really don't. I just think I can get things done faster if I go ahead and do it then I really mess things up, and He gives me a reminder, sometimes it's gentle and then sometimes it's not!


At any rate after almost two years of this with both my parents and being WORN OUT and BURNED OUT, it is really starting to get to me. I was sick for almost two weeks and ended up in the E R myself and knowing what caused most of my problems, it is not gonna go away just like that! The doctor says there is to much stress in your life...."DA, YA THINK!" But you gotta do what you have to do and that does include PRAYING A LOT FOR HELP, GUIDANCE, PATIENCE and what ever else you need to get through.

So to all of the others out there in my same position, my hat is off to you, I do hope you have some kind of help even if it's just a little bit, ( I have kids and they try to help me when they can but it's hard on them also because they have families and jobs that make it difficult at times for them, but I am blessed with me kids because they will help me when they can).Some may not have kids to help them ask your friends or your parents friends,( the ones that still are able too) are check into some of the churches and other agencies around where you live to get some type of help. It is just to hard to do by yourself, I am finding that out and as I have already said it does not get any easier!


I do pray that this year brings to each of you a bright, happy, fruitful and blessed new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment