"American Indian the FORGOTTEN MINORITY "







Friday, June 4, 2010


These pictures came from website www.terragalleria.com/Quang-TuanLoung

Trees


I THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
**by Joyce Kilmer. 1886–1918

I had to pick and recite a poem when I was in
Jr. High School and I searched and searched for
one that wasn't very long. It took me longer to
find a short poem then it did if I had just looked at
a few and picked one no matter how long it was and
memorized it and got it over with.

Well I guess there was a reason for going through all
that I did to find a poem and settling on this one.
It was short, I read it, I memorized it and I recited it
for class when I was suppose to and if I remember
correctly, I did make a decent grade on it.

I ended up re-reading this poem again and again so
that I would not make a mistake with it when I did
have to get up and recite it. This poem ended up being
the only one like it, because most of the others were of
more or less silly things or of things/subject matter that
the person giving it had no idea what they were saying
or was so long they could not even begin to remember
all it.

But this poem kind a hit me like a ton of bricks, and was
so ironically funny in the end of things, because it really
got me thinking about trees...all trees, any kind or type
of a tree. I had always liked trees as far back as I can
remember and this poem just more or less hit home for
me more on accident than any thing else and has stuck
with me from that very day to now.

Trees to me are so beautiful, they come in some many
different sizes, shapes, colors, with flowers and without.
The leaves or as different as stars in the sky and you can
just see at a glance how great God is and what God can do.
Trees can grow for years upon years upon years, they can
grow to be over 100 plus years old so easy and there are so
many uses for trees, uses that most people wouldn't even think
of, the so many different things that trees can be made into are
so mind boggling or to me it is anyway.

Trees are so very beautiful and are so meaningful not only
to us but to the planet as a whole! Twelve short little lines
to make a short little poem that isn't hard at all to remember,
but can give you such a magnitude meaning of a tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment